Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Prima's 2012-2013 Education Team!

Prima has just announced the new Education Team for 2012-2013! This is one AMAZINGLY talented groups of ladies and I am thrilled to work with them!


Prima will be showing off their work and their upcoming classes on our Education Blog. Make sure you bookmark it for lots of inspiration.

Jennifer Matott: New York
Jen matottcollage


Jen's Blog Link
What is your biggest source of inspiration?  My biggest source of inspiration is other artists.  I go to art openings, museums, galleries, Pinterest, and blogs whenever I can!  I love to see what other artists are creating and they inspire me to try new things! My students are also a huge inspiration!  They discover new ways of doing things that I might not thought of.  It's awesome to see other people making artwork that I taught them how to do but put their own twist on it!

If you could pick a dream location to teach this year what would it be?
If I could teach anywhere, I'd love to go to Europe or Australia!  A beach location would be amazing too!

................................................................................................................................................

Stephanie Miller: California

Steph collage

Steff's Blog Link
What is your biggest source of inspiration? My biggest source of inspiration is other artists (scrapper gal pals) that share the same passion! I get excited chatting about all the beautiful products, sharing fun new techniques and thoughts about what we can create! And then... my favorite scrappy magical moment happens! Feeling that creative sensation hit me - I just know how all those colors, beautiful papers, awe-mazing gorgeous flowers, ribbons, embellishments will all come together !! It makes my fingers get jumpy!! ta-hee! Yes, sharing our scrappers passion with each other - it's a Magical Prima Moment! {sounds a bit corny but true for me.. awww I LOVE IT!}
If you could pick a dream location to teach this year what would it be? If I could pick a dream location to teach this year it would be located at a fun craft store with a gorgeous view of the crashing waves on a beach somewhere.. anywhere.. and the store filled with happy scrappers, lots of laughter, amazing scrapping supplies, snacks, and plenty of TIME! :)

...........................................................................................................................................

Nathalie Kalbach: Germany


Nat collage



Nathalie's Blog Link

If you could pick a dream location to teach this year what would it
be?  It would be New Zealand, and let me cheat and say South America too :)

Do you have a favorite color? I can't pick one- all colors are my friends! Right now I spent lots of time with my friends orange, yellow and purple :)


.....................................................................................................................................

Cari Fennell: New York


Cari fennellcollage

Cari's Blog Link
What is your favorite snack while scrapbooking? I love to chew on bubble gum or red licorice.
If you could pick a dream location to teach this year what would it be? My dream location to teach would be Italy. I would love to visit Rome especially :) 



...........................................................................................................................

Jamie Dougherty: California

Jamie collage

Jamie's Blog Link
Where would you love to teach? A dream location for me is somewhat limited, so I guess anywhere in the US or Canada-New York or Kentucky would be cool!
What's your favorite color? My favorite color right now is red.


...............................................................................................................................

Sherry Mendoza: Australia

Sherrycollage

Sherry's Blog Link
Do you have a favorite color?
Turquoise is my favourite color. I think that is why the Sun Kiss line was one of my favorites also.
If you could pick a dream location to teach this year what would it be?
My dream location to teach would be the Greek Islands. Hopefully I will get there one day.

................................................................................................................................

Julie Nutting: California


Julie collage
Julie's Blog Link
What is your biggest source of inspiration? 
             Fashion, even though I am a jean and tee-shirt girl!

Tell us one thing we don't know about you!  
             I hate shopping for clothes!

.................................................................................................................................

Trina McClune: New Zealand

Trinacollage


Trina's Blog Link
If you could pick a dream location to teach in this year what would it be? I would love to teach in the snow. Anywhere that it’s warm and cosy inside with snow falling outside. We could scrap for a couple of hours, then take a break to drink mulled wine and build snowmen. Then scrap some more. Divine.
Do I have a favourite colour? No. I don’t. I never have, even as a child. I love all colours. I get inspired by them. I drool over the pinks/reds/oranges and yellows found in sunrises and sunsets. The purple in a cloudy day. The blue and greens found in ever changing oceans. Seems I have a thing for nature too?! LOL. But where better do you find the most beautiful colours in the world?
.............................................................................................................................

Nic Howard: New Zealand

Nic collage

Nic's Blog Link
What music do you love to scrap to? 
I listen to the radio until lunchtime, when I change to my iPod music.  On my iPod is Black Eye Peas, Cold Chisel, The Cult, Alanis Morrisette, Bruce Springsteen, lots of old stuff that I can sing along mindlessly (and badly) to! In the evenings I turn the radio back on.  I guess I like to listen to DJ chatter sometimes, but when it’s time to get really creative, the iPod goes on!
Do you have a favourite colour?
Teal – hands down.  Love it.   It sneaks into most of my pages in some form.  Teal and red, teal and yellow, teal and orange, teal and teal.
....................................................................................................................................
Janine Koczwara: Australia

Janine collage

Janine's Blog Link
What is your favorite snack while scrapbooking?  I love to have a hot drink, Chai Latte, Coffee, Hot Chocolate. The flavour is less important than the feeling of a warm cup in my hands.
If you could pick a dream location to teach this year what would it be? Somewhere in Scandanavia, as I would dearly love to see the scenery and there are so many wonderful scrapbooking ladies in this area that I would love to meet.


...............................................................................................................................

Marion Smith: Texas

Marion smithcollage
Marion's Blog Link
  • What is your biggest source of inspiration? Antique Shops/Boutiques/Flea Markets
  • Tell us one thing we don't know about you! I love to sing!


..............................................................................................................................
And me! I'm the lucky gal who gets to work with these wonderful teachers!

Education Coordinator:
Sharon Laakkonen: Kentucky

Sharon collage

Sharon's Blog Link (you are here!)

Where is your dream place to teach? ANY place where I can stay just a little while afterwards to visit with the store owners, students and sightsee! I would love to teach in the Czech Republic (to see my grandparent's culture), or Africa or Ireland; or go back to Israel, Italy, or a million other places!
What is your biggest source of inspiration? New photos and new product really inspire me to start creating. I also love how almost everything around me can inspire in some way; from pinterest to online stores, to restaurant menus to billboards.


1 comment:

  1. SHARON!! THANK YOU FROM MY SCRAPPY HEART!!! I'm thrilled to be apart of your amazing PET of talented ladies! whoa!! :)

    ReplyDelete