I recently had a chance to play with a Gelli-Arts Plate and some fun Prima products. Did I say how much fun I had? I even got my boys interested for a few minutes! haha. I really LOVED how you could create unique, colorful creations in just a few minutes.
When I am trying a new technique I love to try it on a tag. It's a smaller surface and, if I hate it, I haven't wasted very much paper. Plus it has TWO sides...so I get another chance to make it work.
Don't forget to check out the awesome give-away Prima/Gelli-Arts has put together! You can enter right here until Dec 5th!
Thanksgiving Place Cards
I love any reason that pushes me to be more thankful! As I was working on this project I thought of who & what I am most thankful for this holiday. And, right now, that is my sweet family. After recently having surgery I had to rely on all of them so much for my most basic needs. Each child (and their sweetheart) had a special way of touching my heart through their acts of selfless love and unique talents. So, I decided to make personalized place cards that they could keep long after the holiday. On the back of each I hope to add a personal note of gratitude from my "very full" momma's heart.
I loved using the Gelli-Arts plate to create my unqiue background. This was my first time and I had so much fun just playing with paint and stencils. I chose two paint colors. (I also used another white paint (Glamour Dust by DecoArt) that has a shimmer finish that sparkles ever so slightly.)
1. I applied the burnt orange paint to the plate first.
2. I set the large Donna Downey stencil on top of the paint (press down firmly) and applied white paint over that.
3. Next I removed the stencil (it will remove some of the paint) and set a tag on the fun design. Rub over it with your hand and remove! Depending on how much surface is painted you can get multiple tags from each step!
4. Take another tag and run over the design again for the ghost print.
5. I added a bit more orange paint on top of the doily stencil, spread it out, removed the stencil, and did another set of tags that coordinate with the first two, but are unique.
Will's place card uses my first print. It is a bit bolder and has more paint on it than the ghost print, but they are both gorgeous to me! I love how unique each print is-just like my children and their sweeties. To decorate I pulled out some of my favorite Prima embellies! The wood frame is rubbed with gold PanPastel for shimmer. Then I quickly added ribbon, flowers, leaves, and alphabet letters. (If your children have longer names just use a smaller alphabet.)
Breanna's (Boo) place card base uses the ghost print. See how it has a softer appearance?
922344 Donna Downey 12x12 Stencil
960551 Finnabair 6x6 Stencil
558406 Kennedy Vintage Flowers
547424 Precious Metals Gold Leaves
950880 Divine Wood Frame
569792 White Alphabets
564193 Burlap Trim
Other: Gelli-Arts 8x10 plate, DecoArt Glamour Dust Ice Crystal paint, Americana Burnt Orange and Snow Titanium White paint, Rich Gold PanPastel, green ribbon