Wednesday, November 16, 2016

More Than Words!

Hello. Hello. Hello! Don't mind me...I am just dusting off my blog a bit for an exciting new post! 

Recently Nicole reached out to me and asked if I would be interested in being the November Special Guest at More Than Words! It's a FABULOUS challenge blog with tons of inspiration and talent! Check it out please!  http://morethanwordschallenge.blogspot.ca/





































As soon as I read this month's challenge I knew the exact photo I was going to use: a very special shot from my son's wedding. It fit perfectly with the quote too! The wedding was a high point in our family as we celebrated this special love and welcomed another daughter into our crazy family!



"Something borrowed, something blue, something old, something new"...I love symbolism in my projects so I could not wait to incorporated as many as I could on the "Wedded Bliss" shaker canvas. I started with a canvas (something old) that I had discarded because I messed up the stencil work (so don't ever throw those projects away!) A four inch photo was trimmed to fit the shaker dome, then I filled the dome with glass beads (something new and blue), adhering the photo to seal it all in. Clips of lace are added around the dome, while flowers, metal, and wood pieces embellish the dome. A sweet little dove was added as a symbol of their new life together wishing them a very special lifetime together filled with peace and love!


Okay- so you need to go check them out to see the close-up shots!!! And you can also find me on Facebook and Instagram! I'd love to be friends with you! ~ Sharon

1 comment: