Is there anything better than two companies combining their amazing products? Today I have a joint venture project by Prima Marketing and Faber-Castell!
Faber-Castell's products are a perfect way to color many of Prima's Mixed-Media products! I used the above products to color a watercolor paper page in Prima's Mixed Media journal. (Have you tried the journals yet? They are AMAZING! They have 4 watercolor sheets, 4 canvas sheets, 4 resist canvas pages, 4 clear pages, multiple patterned paper sheets, 2 tags, and more inside!)
First I colored my resist canvas shapes because I like everything DRY when I put it all together. Try coloring them with FC gelatos. Use like a crayon to color the canvas; then wet slightly to slide that gorgeous color all over. Dry. Tip: You can layer canvas shapes with other items for more dimension.
Next you want to create the background. After coloring directly on the Prima stamps with gelatos (mix colors for a great effect); mist the stamp with a touch of water; then stamp directly on the water-color paper. After it is dry, brush on a thin layer of gesso over the middle section to tone it down a bit; dry, and stamp all over again with your favorite clear stamps by Prima and brown chalk inks (pick a few different shades) for a distressed effect.
To finish off the page I added glass bead gel. Once the gel dried a glitzy touch of gold gelato was rubbed over the glass bead gel. (Rub some of the gold gelato across the page with your finger for even more pizazz.)
Embellish your page with crystal swirls, your sentiment, seam binding, canvas shapes and sculpture flowers to finish the page!
- 557942 Mixed Media Journal Pages
- 554743 Resist Canvas Flowers
- 554699 Canvas Resist Butterfly
- 558253 Mid-Release Butterflies
- 544683 SIIC Swirl
- 921736 Peonies & Poppies Sculpture Flower
- 550776 Vintage Button
- 891008, 891169, 891183 Chalk Inks
- 550929, 542016, 536411 Stamps
- Metallic Gelatos
- Color Gelatos-blue, green
- Stamper's Big Brush Pen
- Textural Accents: Gesso
How about prize?
This selection of gorgeous Prima products is just for YOU from me! Open to all countries. Simply leave a comment here on my blog and I will randomly choose a winner by May 22nd. Good Luck!
Prima/Faber- Castell Prize Details:
Prima and Faber Castell have also included a chance to win some of their products. Hop around to the other talented design team blogs and leave a comment on each of their blogs. Once you are done, go back to the PRIMA and Faber Castell blogs and let them know your favorite technique. They will pick a random winner on the Prima blog May 30th! Faber Castell will also have a prize so make sure you go to their blog for details on how to win!Ready, set, GO!
Ready for the fun to start?
Ready for the fun to start?
- Blog Links for Prima:
- Prima Marketing Blog: www.prima.typepad.com/prima
- Sharon Laakkonen:
blogspot.com/ YOU ARE HERE!!
- Heidi Kelley: http://seesterk.blogspot.com/
Marie-Nicolas Alliot: http://ma-ni.creation.
- Maiko Kosugi: http://maimaipiano.
- Stacey Young: www.staceyeyoung.blogspot.com
- Emeline Seet: http://scrapvilla.blogspot.com
- Leslie Ashe: www.leslieashe.blogspot.com
- Jamie Dougherty: http://www.jaylynnscraps.com
- Anna-Marie Mondro: http://annamarie-mondro.
- Anna-Maria Wolniak: http://annamariawolniak.
- Anna Dabrowska: http://tworzysko.blogspot.com
- Cari Fennell: http://meandmymaryjanes.
- Blog Links for Faber-Castell: