Monday, May 14, 2012

Prima Scraplift Challenge

I was really excited to participate in Prima's "Scraplifting Each Other" challenge! 

My project is inspired by fellow Prima designer, Anna-Maria Wolniak. (I would have LOVED to have been assigned ANY of the DT gals. They are all super, super talented!) 

Besides the amazing texture Anna-Maria creates with art mediums, she always has a fun, colorful, yet feminine touch to each project. It was hard to narrow down the choices of which layout to lift! Each one of her designs is simply gorgeous and so inspiring.

























I finally chose one she did a few months ago for our PPP challenge. I LOVE her colors, her placement of elements, and her whimsical artsy touches across the page (and what a sweet title!) I focused on these three areas and came up with my own interpretation using Prima's flocked rub-ons for a major source of texture.





























This layout features one of the only shots I have of all seven of my kiddos (and grand daughter) with my in-laws. They JUST came down to see Britt graduate from college last week. I think we overwhelmed them a bit. Our house is NEVER dull. Or quiet. Imagine that. Haha!

 




(Go Green tip: use the negatives from the flocked rub-ons too! They will provide a fun little piece of texture for FREE! )


















Here's a close-up of our resist canvas butterflies. I LOVE those resist pieces. So fun to color and customize. On this layout I used PanPastels to color them. Gorgeous colors and so EASY to use.





















Anna-Maria always adds artsy little touches to her page for some contrast.  I seriously LOVE that! So I copied her. :)


















Above: More flocked rub-ons and a masking technique using PanPastels again.

Hope you enjoyed the scraplift feature! Our whole team is participating so check out the Prima blog each Friday this month for more samples.

Prima Products:
  • 844059, 844042, 844080 Songbird paper
  • 550844, 550851 Flocked Rub-Ons
  • 544699 Resist Canvas Butterfly
  • 891084, 891176 Prima Chalk Ink
  • 550042 Gate Mask
  • 544324 Pink Alphas

Other:
circle punch, seam binding, glitter paint, Ranger turquoise paint, PanPastels, glass bead gel, modeling paste, Ranger Tiny Attacher, Ranger Enamel Accents, date stamp, doily


--

4 comments:

  1. You did a great job, I love it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon me encanta!!
    Es genial como has usado los rubons, tengo un montón de ellos y me da pena usarlos, pero creo que con tu permiso te voy a scrapliftear.
    Besos desde España!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon, Your creation is one of my favorites by you. Love that textured background and your family is just beautifuL!!! Blessings!!!

    ReplyDelete