Friday, January 4, 2013

My Jump Start Post!!!

I am so excited to be a part of Nathalie's AMAZING Jump Start 2013 Summit!!!




I have a special prize just from me for one of YOU! Just leave a comment on NAT's site where the video is hosted! (not here!!!! Although I would love to hear from you here too!)

So go sign up for Jump Start and get the video emails sent right to you!







And here are a few shots of my projects featured, along with a close-up or two from the video..

Let me know if you have ANY questions, okay?




Challenge-to use NO flowers on my son's page. I always use flowers so lately I have been trying hard to scrap some more masculine pages. Now, my 8 year old son doesn't mind flowers on his pages (YAY), but the 19 year old...that's another story! See the tucked in tag for journaling? I misted lightly over a mask to create some dimension on it.


I also used a few decorative wood elements that I got as a gift from Zarza Laser in Brazil! I loved making the page even more special with them.


Prima's Reflection mirrors are perfect for a guy's page. They are sturdy, yet reflective, adding a unique element to the design.

............................................................................................................................................



Next up is a very special Christmas card I made for Gerry van Gent as part of the Prima DT Christmas card swap! (Shown before, but I love using tags for cards and had these pics handy!) Isn't it exciting to send something to someone who will appreciate all your hard work?



Sometimes when I get stuck making a card I decorate a tag and add it to a card base. It just opens up the path to creativity for me!

...................................................................................................................................




My last project using tags is this sweet layout of my granddaughter's first birthday. I added supplementary photos & trimmed them to fit the chevron bags at the top. I think I stuffed almost 12 extra party photos in those two pockets. Some photos are added to tags for extra journaling space.


The bonus technique can be found on the video using Golden Glass Bead Gel and a Prima mask! You are going to LOVE the glimmer and sparkle it adds to your tags!!!



So-I hope you were inspired just a bit to get your creativity going! THANK YOU for stopping by!


~ Sharon

12 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing on Creative Jumpstart! I am inspired and appreciate the videos! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these tipes.
    Thank you
    HAVIVAA

    ReplyDelete
  3. My eldest son is a footballer, and it gave me a lot of pleasure to be able multiple flowers to the layout showcasing their theme night of "bright and tight". The flowers added panache to the photos of those boofy boys dressed in tutus & florescent lycra!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVED your ideas and projects on Nat's page, Sharon! THanks for some great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love your give-away stash. things i don't have so would love to win. thank you for sharing your expertise with Creative Jump Start

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sharon! I just popped over from Creative Jump Start and I am so glad I did. I love all your beautiful pages!! I love the combination of paper, mixed media, layers, and all the goodies you add you your pages. Beautiful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your jump start post! I just loved your ideas and had to try the one with washi tape on a tag at once :) I linked back to your blog from that post (http://gunvors.blogg.se/2013/january/andra-cjs-alstret.html), hope that's OK with you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You all are SO SWEET! Thank you!! xoxo ~Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sharon, I just loved your video. I love to experiment with the 'art' part of my craft stores inventory. I'm glad to see you appreciate it too. Happy crafting!
    ~ky

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for the lesson at Creative Jump Start! You made some really lovely tags! It was fun and easy to follow for a beginner at Scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh wow! love love love how you made a place for additional photos! Genius!!!!!

    ReplyDelete