Monday, November 5, 2012

Go Green Christmas Mini-Album!


Each November I gather a few of my saved Prima packaging pieces and create a Christmas mini-album. What a GREAT, and inexpensive, way to put together an album very quickly. Then, after I print out my Christmas photos I can just stick them in since the album is ready to go. (Tip: This would also make a fabulous gift for a teacher, neighbor or friend!)

2012 ledger

This year I pulled some of the packaging from Ingvild Bolmes' Shabby Chic resins. The blue and white palette is perfect for a wintery look. You will only need about 3 sheets of patterned paper to cover 3 or 4 packaging pieces on both sides-and Prima's ledger pads are a great deal offering a wonderful mix of coordinating patterns. Tip: Do not worry about tears on the packaging. You will cover those up with paper or flowers!

2012 christmasbook

Directions:

1. After adding paper to the packaging I looked through my stash for a few elements to decorate with. I love to make scrapbooking simple so I use similar elements through-out the book to keep a cohesive look. Tip: Try to stick to 3-4 colors (turquoise, red, white and black) that coordinate with your papers.
2012 page2

2. Next I chose 2-3 packages of flowers in different sizes/colors, some leaves, doilies, ribbon, red Velvet Trinkets, alphas, and whatever little left-overs I had around. Tip: I keep a jar of left-over tidbits right on my scrap table so they are always in sight. I find myself using them a lot when I can SEE them! (Buttons, extra flowers, pieces of ribbons, etc.)
2012 page1
3. I also like to create pockets on minis! What a great place to tuck Christmas memorabilia...or some extra photos! Punch some tags to tuck in for journaling space.
Tablet photo
4. A great way to include a lot of photos on one page is to make your own little book. Staple several sheets of paper together at the top. Then add a binder and glue to the mini-album page. So simply, but so creative.
2012 back
2012 page3
5. I love to use doilies when I scrap. Cut them apart to get more mileage out of them. Tip: You can cut down the middle, or, as I did on multiple pages here, cut just 1/3 off for a visually pleasing balance. 2012 page4

6. Add titles or words that carry the holiday spirit through-out the book! Tip: I used the Paris alphas which offer a dark red and light blue. Working wtih two colors opens up your options for placement.

2012 christmasbook

7. Make as many pages as you wish and then loop them all on a large ring. Make sure to decorate the ring for that little extra touch. Tip: Punch a small hole in some leaves to thread on your ring.
8. Wrap up for a gorgeous one-of-a-kind gift for that special someone!


Product List:
  • Ledger Papers: 843755
  • Paris Alphas: 559137
  • Prima Trim: 550455
  • Precious Metals Leaves: 547394
  • Paris Velvet Trinkets: 559977
  • Melody White Dove: 552923
  • Serenade Turquoise Flwoers: 561475
  • Soubrette White Flowers: 561574
  • Ingvild Bolme Shabby Chic Resins: 891459 (frame & corners)
  • seam binding, tulle, twine
I hope you have enjoyed one of my Christmas traditions! ~Sharon

Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment