Each November I gather a few of my saved Prima packaging pieces and create a Christmas mini-album. What a GREAT, and inexpensive, way to put together an album very quickly. Then, after I print out my Christmas photos I can just stick them in since the album is ready to go. (Tip: This would also make a fabulous gift for a teacher, neighbor or friend!)
This year I pulled some of the packaging from Ingvild Bolmes' Shabby Chic resins. The blue and white palette is perfect for a wintery look. You will only need about 3 sheets of patterned paper to cover 3 or 4 packaging pieces on both sides-and Prima's ledger pads are a great deal offering a wonderful mix of coordinating patterns. Tip: Do not worry about tears on the packaging. You will cover those up with paper or flowers!
1. After adding paper to the packaging I looked through my stash for a few elements to decorate with. I love to make scrapbooking simple so I use similar elements through-out the book to keep a cohesive look. Tip: Try to stick to 3-4 colors (turquoise, red, white and black) that coordinate with your papers.
2. Next I chose 2-3 packages of flowers in different sizes/colors, some leaves, doilies, ribbon, red Velvet Trinkets, alphas, and whatever little left-overs I had around. Tip: I keep a jar of left-over tidbits right on my scrap table so they are always in sight. I find myself using them a lot when I can SEE them! (Buttons, extra flowers, pieces of ribbons, etc.)
3. I also like to create pockets on minis! What a great place to tuck Christmas memorabilia...or some extra photos! Punch some tags to tuck in for journaling space.
4. A great way to include a lot of photos on one page is to make your own little book. Staple several sheets of paper together at the top. Then add a binder and glue to the mini-album page. So simply, but so creative.
5. I love to use doilies when I scrap. Cut them apart to get more mileage out of them. Tip: You can cut down the middle, or, as I did on multiple pages here, cut just 1/3 off for a visually pleasing balance.
6. Add titles or words that carry the holiday spirit through-out the book! Tip: I used the Paris alphas which offer a dark red and light blue. Working wtih two colors opens up your options for placement.
7. Make as many pages as you wish and then loop them all on a large ring. Make sure to decorate the ring for that little extra touch. Tip: Punch a small hole in some leaves to thread on your ring.
8. Wrap up for a gorgeous one-of-a-kind gift for that special someone!
- Ledger Papers: 843755
- Paris Alphas: 559137
- Prima Trim: 550455
- Precious Metals Leaves: 547394
- Paris Velvet Trinkets: 559977
- Melody White Dove: 552923
- Serenade Turquoise Flwoers: 561475
- Soubrette White Flowers: 561574
- Ingvild Bolme Shabby Chic Resins: 891459 (frame & corners)
- seam binding, tulle, twine