Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Holland 2011

First off-thank you for all of your comments on my Prima/TA blog hop! I was on a plane when the post went live so I missed all of them until I got back home! What a treat to read them though! You are all  so sweet. :)

I always LOVE visiting Holland. It was my 5th trip and still...the people, the food, the coffee, the sights... are all just so amazing. 

Prima (Tami, Parima and I) were there for a scrapbook event that is always a joy to attend. There were many other manufacturers as well: Ranger (Tim, Mario and Alain), Tattered Angels (Wendy & Birgit), Graphic 45 (Amy & Tanya),  Cosmo Cricket (Julie & Natasja), etc! I love my fellow scrappers and the organizers of the event! Sadly my camera started acting up and I didn't get any photos at the show. (I am hoping one of the other gals has some they can share with me though. Shameless begging here.)

Here are a few of my favorite photos from the trip!

 A typical canal shot:




















The Rijks Museum:







































I AMSTERDAM sign:



















Cute little lunch kiosk:


















Amazing graffiti:

















Houseboat (one of about 1250 in the city!):




























































I need a boat like this!

Eating dinner at one of our favorite hangouts:

Amsterdam at night:

The next day we started off with breakfast by a canal...


We were staying right next to the Anne Frank Huis...

And this sweet guy was selling his paintings. I got two!!

A pic just for my three girls!

 Rembrandt Square:
 And off to the floating flower market. The entrances of each shop are on the street while the rest of the shop is actually floating on a canal.

Overabundance of flower pictures alert!








Our rickshaw ride back to the hotel. Was so much better than walking at this point.
 Home, Sweet Home!

You cannot visit Holland without checking out their famous windmills:


This picture is just for KELLY!! teehee!



And so ends another wonderful trip! After dropping Tami and Parima off to catch their train to Paris...Wendy and I found ourselves next to each other for the flight home... a perfect ending to a fabulous trip I say!

Stay tuned...about 11 hours after I landed in the states I hopped BACK on another plane for a trip to South America!

3 comments:

  1. absolutely beautiful pictures and wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, so much inspiration from these photos!! TFS:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like I was traveling with you...thank you for the beauty!

    ReplyDelete